Yield: 6 ServingsServing Size: 1/6th of the recipeSmartPts: 6
Chicken Carbonara is made with the meat of roasted chicken, egg yolks and loads of cream. What we love about this recipe is it can be done under half an hour. And the finished dish would look like you have slaved over the stove for a long time too. This recipe can also be done with leftover roasted chicken. In addition, it can be modified with other ingredients, and some of our favorite add-ins are bacon or ham. The dish is creamy, and can easily feed the entire family. Once you try making it at home, you will be making it over and over again!
Originally, Carbonara is made with eggs, pancetta, Pecorino Romano and pepper. But we love playing with this recipe so we can add regular bacon, shrimp and just egg yolks to the sauce. Also, adding cream to this delicious meal is a bonus, and is what makes this recipe best!
- 5 strips bacon cooked and diced.
- 2 Chicken breasts -Grilled, Chicken striped up
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 T Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic Fresh minced
- ¾ Cup milk
- ¼ Cup Heavy cream
- 1 cup Chicken broth
- 3 T flour
- ¾ c Parmesan shavings
- 2 T parsley
- 1 small box bowtie pasta
- Cook 5 strips of bacon and set aside
- cook 2 chicken breasts in 2 Tablespoons butter with Salt and Pepper to taste.
- set aside while you work on the sauce.
- cook up your Bowtie noodles so they will be ready when the sauce is ready.
- Saute 3 cloves Garlic Freshly minced.
- add Milk, heavy cream, chicken broth and Flour to the pan with the garlic and whisk until smooth.
- Cook on low heat until it thickens.
- add in Parmesan shavings. If the sauce gets too thick, add in a little more chicken broth.
- add the drained bowtie pasta.
- Toss to cover the noodles completely.
- dash in the parsley.
- add more salt and pepper to taste preference.
- cut up the chicken breasts and dice up the bacon and mix them together
- add in the chicken and bacon to the sauce.
- toss until all is covered in the sauce.
- Serve hot
Divide into 6 equal servings. Each serving is equal to 6 points plus, 8 SP.