The Crispy Crunchy Parmesan Potatoes is one yummy dish that tastes absolutely fantastic, even when eaten on its own (you can eat it with Greek yogurt or sour cream). But before we get to how it can be eaten, let’s talk about other things.
We’ve already mentioned its delectable taste but do you know that it takes less than one hour to prepare it from scratch? Do you know that you can make it in the comfort of your own kitchen with ingredients that you can easily purchase from the nearest grocery store? How about the fact that it’s not just delicious but perfectly healthy and nutritious?
People looking to lose weight will be interested to know that this Crispy Crunchy Parmesan Potatoes dish since it only contains an estimated 45 calories, with 2.0g of fat; 0.6g of which is saturated fat, 2mg of cholesterol, 5.6g of carbs, 118mg of sodium, 142 mg of potassium 0.9g of fiber and 1.5g of protein for one whole (2 halves) prepared potato.
Why we love this meal is that this is one of those effortless (or nearly effortless) meals that you can put together in less than an hour for your friends and family that’ll have them thinking you’re a certified Picasso in the kitchen. After one taste of these Crispy Crunchy Parmesan Potatoes, they won’t believe that you just saw this recipe today, even if you tell them.
Where is this amazing recipe, you might ask. Well, keep reading!
First, we’ll go over what you’ll undoubtedly need, equipment-wise:
- An oven
(This is a baked recipe so you probably shouldn’t prepare it without a temperature- regulated oven)
- Oven mitts
(These will come in handy.)
- A knife
(You’ll need a pretty good one to slice up those potatoes neatly)
- Parchment paper and;
- Cooking spray
(Parchment paper and cooking spray are our favorite household non-stick items when it comes to the fine art of cooking or baking.)
And just for the sake of being thorough, we’ll have to add all the bowls and spoons that are no doubt bound to end up in the dishwasher at the end of this cooking/baking session.
To make this recipe you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 medium potatoes, scrubbed (not peeled)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon McCormick’s garlic powder, onion powder & pepper
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- Morton salt to taste
- 4 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese, divided
- One important thing you should note is that this recipe is only good for about four servings, at most. If you’re planning on feeding more people with it, you’re going to have to tweak the recipe a bit to accommodate that.
- Now, tweaking recipes to increase or reduce the number of servings is easy but it’s not a simple matter of adding more pieces of potatoes to the mix or reducing the amount of cheese you’ll be using. Each and every single one of the ingredients stated above has to be proportionately increased or reduced in order to make more servings and vice versa.
- Again, that’s easy but we’re away that things can get very tricky in the kitchen very fast, so if you run into any snags (or preferably before), you can consult with us by leaving a message for us in the comment section of this page and we’ll be sure to get back to you.
One thing we like to do before we get into the nitty-gritty of the instructions for any recipe is to recommend a simple exercise.mWe want you to tidy up your counter top and cooking/baking area if there’s any clutter there. Not only is it great for hygiene but it’ll considerably improve your range of movement within your cooking/baking area. A clear cooking area will also help to un-clutter your mind.
So, go ahead and tidy up those surfaces. When you’re done with that, bring out your ingredients and arrange all of them into clean bowls. Individually. Do NOT mix those ingredients together until the recipe says so.
Are you ready?
Take in a deep breath and let’s begin!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
(Preheating an oven is important during the preparation of certain dishes, so as to create a proper heat-regulated temperature within the oven. This will allow all parts of theCrispy Crunchy Parmesan Potatoes to get done at the same time, both on the inside and the outside)
- Line a pan with parchment paper.
(The function of this is to prevent the Crispy Crunchy Parmesan Potatoes from sticking to the surface of the baking pan, which would damage the aesthetics of the dish, and let’s not even talk about how much effort it’s going to take to get those sticky bits off the pan at the end of the day.
Some people even go a step further and spray the surface of the parchment paper with cooking spray, to prevent the dish from sticking to it as that would create another type of disaster. Imagine trying to eat yourCrispy Crunchy Parmesan Potatoes with bits of parchment paper sticking to it because you couldn’t get it all off! So, you can go ahead and do that too, if you like.)
- Slice potatoes ¼” thick and toss with olive oil seasoning and 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese.
(Since we’re doing this to season the Crispy Crunchy Parmesan Potatoes, you probably should let the sliced potatoes sit for a bit in the mixture (just for a few minutes), just so it can soak in all the flavors.)
- Bake in a single layer about 30 minutes or until browned, flipping potatoes after 15 minutes.
(This is where your oven mitts come in, as well as your keen sense of discernment. Another way to check if the potatoes are ready for the next step, especially if they’re browned but you’re not really sure if they’re done on the inside, is to use a fine toothpick. Prick the potatoes gently with a fine toothpick; this is more to test the ease with which the toothpick penetrates than anything else. If it’s reasonably easy, it’s ready for the next step.)
- Once browned, top with remaining 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese bubbles and browns.
- Serve, dig in and enjoy!
(Remember, it only serves about 4 people.)