The shrimp is cooked in an amazing lemon garlic butter sauce that is to die for. I love shrimp because it cooks so incredibly fast. It gets tossed in spinach and pasta and fresh grated parmesan cheese. So basically all of my favorite things in one. Lemon, butter, garlic, parmesan…. are you getting hungry? You guys are going to LOVE this meal. I pinky promise.
Shrimp Pasta Ingredients:
- Linguine Pasta: Thin, light noodles that are perfect paired with the creamy sauce and shrimp.
- Olive oil and butter: Sauteing the shrimp in the combination of olive oil and butter is the key to a great texture in the shrimp!
- Garlic: Add the garlic into the oil with the red pepper until fragrant.
- Red pepper flakes: Adds some heat to the flavors.
- Large shrimp: The bigger size hold up better to the pasta.
- Salt and pepper: To taste.
- Italian seasoning: The Italian seasoning is perfect flavor combination with this garlic infused pasta sauce.
- Baby spinach: Add it at the end so you get a perfect wilt without it getting soggy.
- Parmesan cheese: Combine with the shrimp and pasta after they are cooked.
- Lemon juice: To taste (one tablespoon is a good place to start)
Tips for Making a 30 minute Meal:
- Keep it simple! Stick to recipes and ingredients you are familiar with. Save your new ideas and ingredients for a day when you have a little more time.
- Plan ahead. When you get home with groceries, go ahead and wash fresh produce, chop, make dressings, etc. that you will use later in the weeks recipes. Then they are ready to grab when you need them quick!
- Order matters. Start the oven and the water boiling first since these things take more time. While they heat up you can be working on the next steps.
- Substitute, swap or even omit ingredients you don’t have on hand or are time consuming to prep. If an ingredient doesn’t change the overall flavor of the dish, and will take extra time to work with or make, simply change it or skip it. Use something that is pre-made instead for example.
- Ask for help. Delegate duties like chopping or making a side salad to get the work done quicker!
1 lb medium shrimp, deveined and tails removed
1 lb spaghetti noodles (more or less, depending on family size)
6 -8 garlic cloves, according to personal taste, minced
1/4 cup butter
olive oil (3 drizzles)
fresh ground pepper
red pepper flakes
herbs (according to taste)
1 Boil pasta in water till tender, save 1 cup of pasta water for use later. I always put some oil, salt, and fresh herbs in with my pasta when I boil it. Drain and set aside when done.
2 While pasta is boiling, wash shrimp.
3 Melt butter over medium heat. Add shrimp.
4 Let cook till a little pink and starting to curl. Then add garlic.
5 Cook 5-7 min., add oil. Continue to stir till shrimp is pink and curled.
6 Add pasta to skillet. Add seasonings. Add just enough saved pasta water till it is not dry but not swimming in liquid either. Depending on amount of pasta this requires 1/2 the cup or all of it. Start with adding 1/4 of it then work up from there.
7 Keep tossing all ingredients around in skillet till all is incorporated and hot. Enjoy!
Source : allrecipes.com