Mississippi Mud Cake Recipe – Mississippi mud cake is a simple, yet scrumptious chocolate dessert with marshmallows, pecans, and a rich chocolate icing.
This delicious recipe is still one of my favorites for making when we are entertaining groups of people since it is just as good when made a day or so ahead of serving!
Everyone loves a sheet cake.
Try classic Mississippi Mud Cake–a luscious combination of sweet chocolate, crunchy pecans, and gooey marshmallows
Sometimes we want to cook something easy and quick and most of all delicious.
Yesterday I didn’t know what to cook for lunch and I came up with this Mississippi Mud Cake which turned out to be a success!
Here’s my Mississippi Mud Cake Recipe. I think you’ll love it, too!
1 cup of melted butter (or 1 stick of butter and 1 stick of margarine)
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
4 large eggs (lightly beaten)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
1 (10.5-ounce) bag miniature marshmallows
1. Whisk together melted butter and next 5 ingredients in a large bowl.
Stir in flour and chopped pecans.
2. Pour batter into a greased and floured 15- x 10-inch jellyroll pan.
3. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Remove from oven; top warm cake evenly with marshmallows.
Return to oven, and bake 5 minutes.
5. Drizzle Chocolate Frosting (see recipe and instructions below) over warm cake.
TIP: Let these cool completely before cutting into squares!
Chocolate Frosting Recipe & Directions:
1 (16 oz) package powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. butter, softened
1/3 c. unsweetened cocoa
Beat all ingredients together with an electric mixer until smooth