I get a request from my family to make this dish at LEAST once a month. I typically make two at a time as these are eaten up quickly and they’re wonderful to share with a neighbor.
Pot pie has been a comfort food for my family for many years and this one is sure to be in our line up in the future. Delish!
- 2 lbchicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 2 cchicken broth (enough to cover breasts)
- 1/2 tspsalt
- 1/4 tspground black pepper
- 1 1/2 chalf and half
- 3 Tbspbutter (yes, 3 tablespoons!)
- 1 mediumonion, chopped
- 1 ccelery, chopped
- 1/3 call purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cfrozen mixed vegetables, thawed (i use green beans, corn, carrots and peas)
- 2 mediumpotatoes, cooked and cubed (or 1 can small white potatoes, cubed)
- 1 Tbspparsley, freshly chopped
- 1/2 tspthyme, dried
- 2pie pastry (for double crust pie)
- 1egg, lightly beaten
Click Next Button Below To Continue ...