DIY frozen smoothie packs are basically a way to make your life 10 times easier. You take a few minutes to prep your smoothie packs one day and you have a quick breakfast for a few weeks.
If you want to replace your breakfast with a smoothie, I recommend also adding protein powder to your smoothies so that you have a well balanced breakfast and are full longer.
These smoothie packs will have a full serving of veggies that you will not even taste, plus a serving of fruit, and if you add the protein powder you will have a serving of protein! All of that in just 5 minutes every morning.
Making DIY Frozen Smoothie Packs
DIY Frozen Smoothie Packs Ingredients per bag
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 cup fruit of choice (I like to use strawberries)
*** You will also need 1 cup of almond milk, coconut milk, coconut water or regular water when it comes time to blend. You can also add a scoop of protein powder.
Other fruit mixtures to try:
- strawberry & mango
- raspberries, blueberries and strawberries
- pineapple, mango and banana
- kiwi and watermelon
- strawberry and kiwi
- orange, banana and pineapple
DIY Frozen Smoothie Packs Directions
- In sandwich bag, throw in the spinach, banana and fruit. Squeeze out all of the air and seal the bag shut. Place in freezer. Repeat for more packs.
- To make your smoothie: Pour 1 cup of coconut water, water, almond milk or coconut milk in a blender. Add one frozen smoothie pack and blend until smooth. You can add more water if you’d like a thinner consistency. You can also add protein powder.